Northeast Ohio’s Largest Family and Internal Medicine Doctor Network
At University Hospitals, we believe having a primary care provider is essential to your health and well-being. Our primary care providers, or primary care doctors and nurses, provide comprehensive, compassionate and continuous primary care for patients of all ages, from newborns to seniors. We are committed to building a healthy relationship with you and your family to detect and minimize long-term health issues, or just help you get over that illness that is going around.
UH has the region’s largest primary care provider network, which comprises more than 300 board-certified providers with expertise in internal medicine and family medicine, as well as pediatric primary care. The network supports primary care providers in delivering the highest quality and coordinated care.
Our primary care doctors and nurses can help you achieve your optimal wellness through the services we offer, including:
- Preventive care, including routine visits and immunizations
- Long-term preventive care, including smoking cessation and weight management
- Treatment for minor illnesses, including cold, flu, sore throat
- Chronic disease management for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol and asthma
- Treatment for psychological conditions, including depression and anxiety
- Local and onsite labs and tests
- Convenient early morning, evening and weekend hours
- Book your own appointment online
- Access to local specialists and hospitals
Choosing a Primary Care Doctor
Your primary care doctor is your partner in maintaining and optimizing your health. Use our Find a Doctor to find a provider who suits the health care needs of you and your loved ones.
Schedule an Appointment
UH provides three convenient ways to schedule an appointment with one of our highly skilled primary care providers:
- Schedule Online: Book your own appointment online, 24 hours a day and choose an appointment time that is convenient for you.
- Request an Call Back for an Appointment: Request an appointment with a UH doctor by filling out our convenient online form.
- Call to Schedule: Call 1-866-UH4-CARE (1-866-844-2273) to speak directly with a scheduling coordinator.
All Major Insurance Plans Accepted
We work with all major medical insurance providers, including Medical Mutual of Ohio (MMO) SuperMed, to deliver affordable, comprehensive medical care every day. Co-pays, deductibles and items not covered by insurance are paid at the time of your visit. Cash, check, debit and credit cards are accepted.
For More Immediate Care
When you need immediate attention outside of your primary care physician’s regular offices hours, UH provides convenient, high-quality alternative to meet your need anytime:
- Urgent Care: UH offers quick, convenient and affordable health care for unexpected injuries and illnesses. Find an urgent care near you.
- Emergency Room: UH offers emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week for those unexpected injures or symptoms that are life-threatening. Find an emergency room near you.