A Full Service, Acute-Care Community Hospital Providing Expert Health Care in Bedford, OH
For more than 90 years, University Hospitals Bedford Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals, has served the residents of Bedford, Ohio and the surrounding communities. UH Bedford Medical Center is a full service, acute-care community hospital, offering adult and senior emergency services, a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center, comprehensive imaging facilities and a network of primary and specialty care physician practices.
UH Bedford Medical Center's medical staff includes 193 physicians highly trained in 30 medical specialties, including orthopedics, ophthalmology, wound care and hyperbaric medicine, geriatric medicine and more.
UH Bedford Medical Center is a certified Primary Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center. It also holds NICHE Exemplar status - the highest designation available by the nursing education program, Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE).
Learn More About UH Bedford Medical Center
History of UH Bedford
UH Bedford Medical Center started as four beds on the second floor of a private home in Bedford in 1908. Since then, UH Bedford has continued to grow to keep up with the expanding population and demand for high-quality, accessible medical care.
In 1926, bond monies were used to procure land and build the Bedford Municipal Hospital which officially opened in 1928. Additional expansions were added in 1956 and 1971, and in 1979 the official name was changed to The Community Hospital of Bedford. By 1984, following more expansion and renovation, the hospital achieved a capacity of 110 beds. The Community Hospital of Bedford was purchased in 1993 by University Hospitals.
Take a virtual tour of the facilities at UH Bedford Medical Center.