Rehabilitation Services Helps Patients Return to Optimum Function
Rehabilitation Services at University Hospitals provides rehabilitation for patients that need to regain function after surgery, illness or injury. By working with our team of rehabilitation experts on an individualized therapy schedule, patients are able to return to optimum function through a broad array of treatments.
Fully Certified, Highly Skilled Staff
The rehabilitation staff at UH is fully certified and highly skilled. Our therapists work closely with the physical medicine physicians and the patient’s referring physician during the entire course of rehabilitation. Additionally, we work with family members so they can assist the patient and extend therapy to the home.
Full Range of Treatment Plans
University Hospitals provides a full range of rehabilitative care for all stages of recovery through physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and other rehabilitation services. We offer comprehensive treatment options for both routine and more complex conditions and are able to specialize plans based on unique needs, including these targeted therapies:
- Back and neck care programs (rehabilitative and preventive)
- Electrical stimulation
- Functional activities, including gait training and weight-transfer
- Geriatric rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Therapeutic exercise programs, including strength-building, range-of-motion, balance exercises and aerobics
- Therapeutic massage