UH Division of Thoracic & Esophageal Surgery Advances the Field Through Leading-Edge Research
The highly trained team of experts at the University Hospitals Division of Thoracic & Esophageal Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio is committed to sharing outcomes and knowledge with other professionals in peer-reviewed journals and publications, both nationally and internationally. The following represents some of the recent publications:
- Linden PA. Video-assisted anterior approach to Pancoast Tumors. J ThoracCardiovasc Surg. 2010;140(3):e38-9.
- Schroeder C, Hejal R, Linden PA. Coil spring fiducials placed safely via navigation bronchoscopy in inoperable patients allows for the successful delivery of Cyberknife stereotactic radiosurgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;140:1137-42.
- Chak A, Singh R, Linden PA. Covered stents for the treatment of life-threatening cervical esophageal anastomotic leaks. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011;141(3):843-844.
- Hubbard MO, Schroeder C, Linden PA. Routine use of staging thoracoscopy for Pancoast tumors without overt radiographic chest wall invasion. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2011;21(2):111-115
- Linden, PA. Use of Navigation Bronchoscopy for Biopsy and Endobronchial Fiducial Placement. Innovations: Technology and Techniques in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery 2011;6(4):271-275
- Hubbard MO, Fu P, Margevicius S, Dowlati A, Linden PA. Five-year survival does not equal cure in non-small cell lung cancer: A Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results-based analysis of variables affecting 10 to 18 year survival. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;143(6):1307-1313.
- Babakoohi S, Fu P, Yang M, Linden PA, Dowlati A. Combined SCLC clinical and pathologic characteristics. Clin Lung Cancer 2012;Vol.xx, No. x, xxx ( In Press).
- Nguyen BN, Azimzadeh AM, Schröder C, Buddensick T, Zhang T, Laaris A, Cochrane M, Schuurman HJ, Sachs DH, Allan JS, Pierson RNIII. Absence Of Gal Epitope Prolongs Survival Of Swine Lungs In An Ex Vivo Model Of Hyperacute Rejection. Xenotransplantation 2011;18:94-107.
- Liu N, Gilkeson R, Markowitz A, Schröder C. Thoracoscopic removal of a suture needle from the posterior pericardium after coronary artery bypass grafting. Interactive CardioVascular Thoracic Surgery 2011;13:341-343.
- Schröder C, Leukhardt W, Hsiao E, Farah M, Markowitz A. Trans-aortic video assisted resection of a recurrent left ventricular myxoma. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2012, in press.
- Suppiah S, Linden P, Robke J, Schröder C, Yao M, Machtay M, Lo S. Sublobar/ wedge resection or stereotactic body radiation therapy for stage I marginally operable non-small cell lung cancer. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2012, in press.