Laser Resurfacing Provides Optimal Rejuvenation for Skin
The Center for Hair Restoration & Removal at University Hospitals offers the latest advancements in laser resurfacing for optimal rejuvenation and to improve skin appearance. Similar to a chemical peel, the laser removes the surface layer of skin.
At University Hospitals, our experts offer different techniques for laser resurfacing, including:
- Intense pulse light for photo rejuvenation and removal of age spots
- Combination peel, a lighter micro laser peel that goes deeper into the skin to remove fine lines and help with discoloration
- In-office procedure that helps remove the deeper lines around the eyes and mouth
- Surgical-type laser that resurfaces the entire face very deeply
Recovery can take just a few days for photo regeneration up to several months with the surgical-type laser resurfacing.
Improving Skin Appearance
Laser resurfacing is used to treat different skin conditions, including the following:
- Acne scars
- Melasma (the mask of pregnancy)
- Rhinophyma (enlarged oil glands on the nose)