Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) Exam
The University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program has a 100 percent PASS rate for dietetic interns taking the exam on the first attempt.
Of the University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program graduates who seek employment after program completion, 100 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
**Additional program outcomes are available upon request.
The UH Cleveland Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program Goals include:
- The Program will prepare graduates to be competent, entry-level dietitians.
- At least 80 percent of program interns complete program requirements within 18 months, or 150 percent of the time planned for completion.
- 80 percent of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program's one-year pass rate on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80 percent.
- Of graduates who seek employment, 90 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- 90 percent of the graduates will indicate satisfactory or higher as their perceived level of skill as an entry-level dietitian nutritionist.
- 100 percent of employers who respond to survey will rate graduates performance as average or above for entry level when surveyed.
- The graduates will be empowered to conduct research; both the graduate and graduate employer will understand the impact of completion of a Dietetic Internship Program focused in Research Processes and Applications.
- More than 90 percent of graduates will rate themselves as adequately prepared to conduct research.
- More than 50 percent of graduates will rate completion of a concentration in research Processes and Applications as valuable to their careers.
- More than 5 percent of employers who respond to our survey will report knowledge of Research Processes and Applications as a factor influencing the hiring of the graduate.
- More than 5 percent of employers who respond to our survey will rate graduates as adequately prepared to conduct research.
- Dietetic Internship graduates will understand the importance of professional development and being a life-long learner.
- 95 percent of Dietetic Internship graduates will earn a Master's degree from Case Western Reserve University.
- A minimum of 10 continuing professional education programs will be offered annually for interns and preceptors.
The UH Cleveland Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program Consortium includes Combined Dietetic Internship/Master’s Degree Program stakeholders from UH Cleveland Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, and the Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center. The UH Cleveland Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program Director serves as the consortium program director.