University Hospitals Supports Patients’ Needs During Cancer Treatment
Whether inpatient or outpatient, the health care experts at Supportive Oncology Services at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center in Cleveland, Ohio, are available to support each patient’s specific needs in the following areas:
- Social work involvement to help guide patients through inpatient and outpatient services
- Pain and symptom management including inpatient and outpatient palliative care consultations
- Mental health services such as psychiatry
- Integrative oncology services such as music therapy, art therapy and pet therapy
- Cancer rehabilitation services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Nutrition services
- Spiritual care
- Community outreach
- Pharmacology consultation
- Discharge planning
Goals of UH Seidman Cancer Center Supportive Oncology Services
At UH Seidman Cancer Center Supportive Oncology Services, we strive to incorporate timely assessment with patient and family access to a full array of services and health promotion interventions.
Supportive Oncology Services at UH Seidman Cancer Center complement the patient’s cancer treatment plan by providing services across the care continuum. In doing so, we use specific tools to assess the interest and needs of both patient and family.