University Hospitals Pediatrics
The Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital has three main objectives:
- We strive to provide children and families with every possible chance of maintaining good health.
- We emphasize training the next generation of excellent and caring pediatricians.
- We actively support child advocacy and pediatrics research.
The division is one of the largest at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital. We provide comprehensive primary care to children throughout the region. We oversee a large physician referral program for children requiring urgent hospitalization. Additionally we supervise a broad array of research, advocacy and professional education programs.
- The team includes accomplished pediatrics specialists: physician, teachers and scientists.
- The division's Pediatric Practice at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital in Cleveland logs approximately 32,000 patient visits each year.
- The division is deeply committed to medical education. The Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is among the largest physician groups in the Department of Pediatrics at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- We offer expertise and highly specialized clinical services, including adolescent medicine and pediatrics sports medicine.
- The Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is involved in a wide range advocacy programs designed to enhance wellness, prevent injury and protect children from abuse and neglect.
- Our team serves as consulting experts for pediatricians and other physicians in the region, providing leadership in children’s medical care and support for pediatricians’ offices in Northeast Ohio.
- Research is a critical part of our mission. Our physicians conduct important trials and engage in other scholarly activities contributing to the advancement of the state-of-the-art children’s health care around the world.