School is an important part of every child's life. By participating in the Hospital School Program, your child can continue to be involved with schoolwork while in the hospital.
Our school program is available to all children, grades pre-K through 12, enrolled in public, private or parochial schools. Hospital school can help to reduce the stress of hospitalization by helping children participate in the familiar and “normal” activities of school.
- We will contact your child's home school to coordinate assignments while in the hospital.
- We will provide all support necessary to successfully complete assignments such as providing supplies, resource material, or access to a computer.
- Children are tutored on an individual basis or in small groups according to the child's needs and medical situation.
What to do When Your Child is Admitted
- Notify your child’s school/teacher and let them know that a hospital teacher will be in contact to discuss assignments.
- Bring your child’s schoolwork and assignments or plan to have books and materials sent as soon as possible.
- Encourage your child to participate in the program to help them keep up with schoolwork.
Being in the hospital causes many concerns for children and families, we hope we can help with any of you child’s educational needs.