Room Amenities at UH Bedford Medical Center
University Hospitals Bedford Medical Center staff is dedicated to ensuring a patient’s stay at our hospital is as comfortable as possible.
Your in-room television offers free basic cable TV service, providing approximately 70 channels which include movies, sports, news, many popular cable networks and local programming. The TV remote allows you to adjust the volume, change channels and turn the TV on and off from your bed.
Patients have complimentary in-room telephone service with unlimited local calls. Your in-room telephone includes a volume control on the handset.
To call outside the hospital:
- Local calls: Dial 9, then the number
- Long-distance calls: Dial 0 and the operator will assist you. You will be asked if you want to call collect, charge to your home phone or use a prepaid calling card. If you have questions, please ask your nurse. (You will be charged for making long-distance calls.)
To call within the hospital:
- Simply dial the seven-digit phone number (for example, 735-3900)
UH Bedford Medical Center is pleased to provide free wireless high-speed Internet access for our patients and guests. To connect, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your laptop or other Wi-Fi device with wireless enabled
- Connect to the wireless network “UH_Guest”
- Launch your web browser and go to the website UHhospitals.org
- If you do not see the UH welcome page, you may need to configure the SSID or network name to “UH_Guest”
For technical support, please call 1-888-304-9131. (Dial 0 and the operator will assist you with this call.)
Cell phones may be used throughout the hospital. Please respect the privacy and dignity of others.