How Are Your Wound Smarts?
Find out how much you know about taking care of wounds.
1. The first thing you should do when you get a wound is wash it with soap and water and then bandage it.
2. For minor burns, bandages need to be changed every day, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
3. A cut generally heals most quickly when exposed to air.
4. When blood from a deep cut soaks through the bandage, you should take off the soaked bandage and put on a clean one.
5. Using ice on a burn can soothe it.
6. Don't remove a large piece of glass or metal from a wound without professional help.
7. Signs of an infected wound include swelling, redness, throbbing, pus, and fever.