Take the Sleep Apnea Quiz
When your sleep is upset throughout the night, you can be very sleepy during the day. Perhaps you have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a breathing disorder marked by many brief interruptions of breathing during sleep.
1. Sleep apnea is most common among women.
2. A person with moderate sleep apnea may temporarily stop breathing during sleep as many as 30 times an hour.
3. Snorting and gasping during sleep are symptoms of sleep apnea.
4. A person who snores always has sleep apnea.
5. Of the 2 forms of sleep apnea, central sleep apnea is much more common.
6. One way to help get a good night's sleep if you have sleep apnea is to take a sleeping pill.
7. Sleep apnea may be annoying, especially to those who have to listen to the snoring, but it's nothing to worry about.
8. Measuring how quickly you fall asleep is part of diagnosing sleep apnea.
9. Surgery is the best treatment for sleep apnea.