Fielding Questions on Organic Foods
Organic foods were once sold only in health food stores and farmers markets. But they are slowly becoming a staple at your local supermarket. Find out more about organic foods by taking this quiz.
1. What's the best way to tell the difference between organic and nonorganic foods?
2. What portion of a food must be organic to allow a food maker to use the label "made with organic ingredients"?
3. To carry the USDA organic label, produce cannot have:
4. The organic label lets you know that organic foods are:
5. Why do organic foods often cost more than nonorganic foods?
6. Eating nonorganic produce can expose you to:
7. Besides buying organic, you can limit exposure to pesticides by: