How Much Do You Know About the Dangers of Low Blood Pressure?
There's a lot of information about the dangers of high blood pressure, but low blood pressure can endanger your health, too.
1. How is low blood pressure, or hypotension, defined?
2. Which type(s) of medications may cause low blood pressure?
3. Which health condition or conditions may cause low blood pressure?
4. Which of these symptoms is most likely a result of a sudden drop in blood pressure?
5. An extremely rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) or a very slow heartbeat (bradycardia) can affect the heart's pumping ability and cause low blood pressure and fainting. Which of these has proved very successful in regulating the heartbeat to maintain a normal blood pressure?
6. Older adults with high blood pressure or Parkinson disease are at particular risk for a sudden blood pressure drop after: