What Do You Know About Heart Disease Risk?
Knowing what causes heart disease and how you can prevent it can help you live a longer, healthier life. Take this quiz to find out more about lowering your risk for heart disease.
1. There's nothing you can do to prevent heart disease.
2. Smokers are more likely to have heart disease than nonsmokers.
3. Some risk factors for heart disease can't be changed.
4. You have to exercise at least 1 hour a day to reduce your risk for heart disease.
5. Drinking 3 to 4 alcoholic drinks each day can reduce your risk for heart disease.
6. High blood pressure can put your heart at risk.
7. An average of 100,000 Americans die from cardiovascular disease every year.
8. Someone who has had a heart attack is at increased risk of having another.
9. You can't exercise if you have heart disease.
10. Being overweight increases your risk for heart disease.
11. Young women have the same risk for heart disease as young men.
12. Emotions don't affect your risk for heart disease.
13. Your diet doesn't affect your risk for heart disease.
14. No tests can diagnose coronary heart disease.