How Much Do You Know About Eating Disorders?
Many people go on a diet to lose a few extra pounds, but for some people dieting turns into an eating disorder. Researchers aren't sure why this happens. Find out more about eating disorders by taking this quiz.
1. A person with an eating disorder isn't trying hard enough to eat right.
2. The 3 main types of eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder.
3. About the same number of boys and girls get anorexia nervosa.
4. Older adults are more likely than teens to get an eating disorder.
5. People with anorexia nervosa see themselves as overweight even though they are dangerously thin.
6. Like those with anorexia, people with bulimia become very thin.
7. People with binge-eating disorder feel out of control during a binge episode.
8. People with eating disorders often don't know they are ill or they hide their condition.